“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
“The purpose of the club is to provide service to others, to promote high ethical standards, and to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.” ~Rotary Club
We are open to suggestions regarding service projects. When considering options, it’s important the location and transportation are taken into consideration. In the past, some of our most successful programs have included the following:
- UNICEF’s Halloween Trick-or-Treat Fundraiser
- Villanova’s Fall Festival (Special Olympics)
- Fair Acres (Geriatric Center) Holiday Greetings
- Fair Acres (Geriatric Center) Host Bingo Night
- Easter Seal’s Basketball Shootout
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Pennies for Patients
- March of Dimes Walk/Run Event
- Polio Plus: Rotary Club Sponsored Car Wash
Expectations and Essentials
- Respect yourself and others at all times.
- Refrain from judgment and remain open-minded.
- Do not commit to activities you cannot actually attend.
- You are responsible for your transportation to all events.
Group communication will occur via email.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Are you ready to change the world?
Interact is a service organization, open to all students in grades 9 - 12. Interact is supported by the Chester Pike Rotary Club.
What is the Rotary Club?
“Rotary International is a worldwide service organization for business and professional men and women, with more than 1.2 million members in over 31,000 Rotary clubs. Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world. Rotarians develop community service projects that address many of today’s most critical issues, such as children at risk, poverty, hunger, the environment, illiteracy, and violence. They support Rotary youth programs, including Interact, in the belief that young people should take an active interest in community life and have the opportunity to develop leadership skills.” -www.rotary.org